Friday, April 25, 2008

Weekly Wrap Up

Whew....so glad it's Friday. I had to take a business trip this week to host a marketing event for my company in DC, so that shot two days out of the week.  The event was held in a chichi DC restaurant (my company has pretty strict blogging rules, so I will not go into detail).  The food was great, the turnout was excellent and most importantly, we hit a big home run with our sales guys.  Bravo.  Much bonding (and yes....drinking) was done post event and fun was had by all. 

My trainer decided to shake up my work out.  I do not stand still during this work out at all. Constant cardio bursts and very quick, very hard exercises that I do until exhaust.  I walk like Walter Brennan for a few days afterward, so I hope it does the trick and is worth the agony. 

Because I was away during my produce box delivery, I haven't had the chance to see what was in the box.  Mom put it away. It's heavy on the fruits, onions, zucchini and spinach. I'm still eating the leftover veggie stew that I made Monday (yum), and I'll have to pick up some asparagus, portabello and limes.  My juicer should be delivered next week, and we've decided to start making our own yogurt - so much cheaper than the store - I like Face greek yogurt. It's 2 bucks a container - for 5 ounces!!!  I'll make my own for a fraction of the price.

Played a little golf this week - still rusty.  Nuff said about that.

My exciting Friday night - picking up above mentioned produce and pet food at my coop, Weaver's Way in Mt. Airy, then pop over to Big Blue Marble Bookstore (more about that place tomorrow) to see if they have the Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen

image

Now, I am not a vegan - anyone who's read my blog knows my allegiance to lamb stew and short ribs, however, I am trying to figure out ways to have less meat in my diet on a week in, week out basis. It's one of the few ways that really helps me to start taking weight off - that and locking the wine cellar ;-).   Finally, home to the kids, a few rounds of Guitar Hero and then off to bed.  What's your Friday night looking like? (Please let me live vicariously through you!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great book. We will be expecting to see some great recipes!

Kim said...

That book definitely looks interesting. I love some red meat myself, but definitely in moderation!

Last night we had prom and a concert on the square. Pretty fun--it's been a long winter around here. We're usually way into spring by now, but not so much this year.