Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fore!!!



Our ladies league "The Ladies Straight Shooters" kicked off our season with a nine hole scramble, a nine hole stroke play event and a clinic for new golfers. We have 182 members! I think there were fifty or so members when I joined several years ago. It's a fun, fun group. While we have a Division 1 for competitive match play (I play in that one), it's not a cut throat group at all, it's really just a wonderful opportunity for women to enjoy a round of golf and partake in the 19th hole and laugh. I don't think I ever laugh as hard as when I'm out there with my friends. Many of us have become great friends and enjoy each other's company in social events off the course. As usual, forgot the camera, but I'm going to make a point of taking it with me more often. I plan on walking each round as extra exercise. I have a ton of great golf clothes that don't fit (yet) and I need to get back into them!

BTW - due to a new job, my mom's illness and just...life, I didn't play at all last year. My team shot a 40, and I was really happy about that!

No comments: