Sunday, April 13, 2008

Adventures in Organic Cooking and a Sloooow Sunday

I used the chard delivered in my produce box to make Chard and Cavatappi with Pecorino and Pine Nuts.  It was delicious - I did take pictures of my progress:

Picture 001

Picture 003

Picture 006

Picture 004

 

But....I accidentally deleted the final presentation!  Take my word for it, it was wonderful.  If you'd like the recipe, I'll be happy to email it to you, just send me your email.  I actually made this Thursday.    I used the stems of the chard later in the weekend with a rack of lamb for Sunday dinner - I blanched and roasted them with olive oil and grated parmesan.   Other than that it was a pretty quiet Sunday.  The most exciting thing was rearranging the living room and watching the cats play with a slowly dying balloon:

Picture 007

Picture 008

Rachel has a weekly assignment called "Life and Times".  She noted that absolutely nothing of any interest happened this weekend.  She was right...(next weekend - the garden starts!)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks great! I had some of that in my box this week too! Can't wait for the stone fruits and tomatoes though. :)

Kim said...

Looks delicious. I must get motivated to cook! With the girls away at college, nobody appreciates my efforts. The boys prefer crap food and smuggle it into the house.