Thursday, September 18, 2008

Returning to Recipes

It's been a while since I've posted any recipes - While Mom was in nursing home, I ate out more often than not. Now that she's home, I'm back to cooking.  It's like a bicycle, you never really forget.... ;-)

One of the great things about working at home is that I can actually make dinner and we can eat it together at a reasonable hour.  R's high school is literally across the street from our house, so even with the clubs and activities, she's home pretty early as is M.  Today, was a lovely spring day which made it okay to turn on the oven (when it's hot, I grill).   I decided to make Mahi-Mahi in parchment paper, sautéed kale with beans and the lovely potato recipe I got from Cathy over at Noble Pig

I prepped the potatoes - see the link above for prep photos.

IMG_1219

Next, chopped the kale, a small onion, and some garlic. 

IMG_1215

I sauteed the onion first

IMG_1216

When the onion was translucent, added the garlic, the kale, a little vegetable broth. Tossed in a healthy pinch of dried oregano, red pepper flakes and sage

IMG_1218

Cooked it down a little and added a drained and rinsed can of beans and let simmer (note - I used pinto here, but you can use navy beans or garbanzo beans)

Put the fish filet on a large piece of parchment paper on an ungreased cookie sheet, sliced lemon and tomato and arranged over top, followed by capers and s few sprigs of thyme:

IMG_1220

Voila - and guess what start to finish was 40 minutes!

IMG_1221

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, they turned out beautiful!