Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve was spent in my favorite fashion - at home with some close friends, a nice dinner and my family around me. My sister and I made a wonderful dinner - roast pork stuffed with an apple raisin stuffing, potato fennel gratin (yes Virginia, I AM going back to Weight Watchers) and apple cider greens. The dining room looked lovely:


The wine flowed and everyone was happy:


We were very happy this New Year's - my mom has been so sick for the last couple of years with a stroke, complications from diabetes and dialysis - this was the first holiday in a long time where she was well enough to enjoy the holidays.


Malbec can make you feel soooo mellow (You can see one of my upcoming projects - to rid my dining room of the last vestiges of bad 70's decorating).

Afterward, we all relaxed, watched the ball drop and caught up on a favorite movie (an old college tradition resurrected):


An All American New Years ......;-)


Even the kitties were sleepy on New Year's Day:




Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

Libby said...

Looks like it was a terrific night, and how wonderful that your mom was celebrating with you all. I hope 2008 brings you much joy. :)