Monday, January 14, 2008

The Czar Dictates: Rational explanations for movie cliches (part 1)

The Czar Dictates: Rational explanations for movie cliches (part 1)

My friend Carl is a world class cynic and his sense of humor is so dry that few get his one liners right off the bat. We worked together a few years ago and immediately hit it off (guess my sense of humor is as dry as his - we'd laugh hysterically at each other's lines while other's would give us a blank stare for 30 seconds until it finally sunk in).

Pearls Before Swine was modeled on us, or so we thought, and no, I'm not Pig (I'm Goat). This strip typifies our relationship:


(my thanks to Stephen Pastis)


One day he'll take over the world....;-)

1 comment:

The Czar Dictates said...

Thanks for the linkage. Margo was the first person to point out to me that when I make a joke while presenting on stage I actually pull a face and gesture like that to alert people to the fact that I was making a joke, otherwise too many people would take me seriously...