Friday, February 13, 2009

Quiet Friday Night......

Tomorrow and Sunday are full days...meeting friends for a wine tasting in the afternoon, hosting a dinner party tomorrow night (not everyone buys into that junk- my sweetie and I call it St. Hallmark's day - romance is a more spontaneous thing), and Sunday I am taking my mom out for brunch and giggling.  But tonight.....tonight is a quiet night all of my own.  It's been a God-awful week; the company had a RIF and several good, good friends/associates (emphasis on the FRIEND part) were let go; we had to plan how to make money in a tough economy and the usual jam packed stuff that comes with the work week. I swear I worked in pajamas three days this week because I got started at 7 - the evils of working at home - and didn't look up until 4PM. 

But tonight... I packed the kids off to their various activities and their dad and step-mom and settled in for a relaxing evening.  On Demand is showing "Two Lovers"  - mutual theater/cable release (it's mostly art movies, which is great - my local art house movie theater got bought out and turned into a showcase -bleccchhh) ....

Joaquin_Gynneth

It was a stunningly good film - makes you angry that Joaquin has gone off the deep end to focus on bad white boy hip hop.   I followed that up with Six Degrees of Separation - I've never seen it all the way through (which I found interesting but a little over the top).

In retrospect, it was my pretentious movie night - and I loved it. Opened a great Spanish red, Navarra Azaratura Tempranillo, built a fire and sliced a little cheese and ate it with crackers and just relaxed.   Life is wonderful when the little things make you smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The movies sound awesome but the Tempranillo....oh yeah!

Mental P Mama said...

Ah what a blissful night. Heavenly.