Saturday, February 21, 2009

Here We Go Again......

Friday morning I received a phone call....my mom's blood pressure was all over the place and they couldn't get it stabilized.  Long story short, they took Mom to the hospital and when they found that her hemoglobin was dangerously low, they had to transfer her to another hospital for transfusions and dialysis.  It seems she's bleeding internally - again.  This happened a couple of years ago - no cause was found and after a week or so, it went away.  It's just that the maladies are coming closer and closer - you just learn to hold your breath day after day, wondering what will happen next. 

I also had an small hiccup at work - I wasn't selected for a job - and I think the way I presented myself to the client had a lot to do with it. I was trying to help and challenge the customer to do the right thing, but I could have been a little less "Jersey" about it.  All I can say is that it was a real learning lesson and I will approach these things in a much different manner from now on. 

I had a little break this week. A very good friend came into town and we got to spend some time together.  It was a life saver...:)

1 comment:

Debie Napoleon said...

Aw Geez....at least you had one thing that made you smile.