Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No Pain No Gain?? Maybe If They Pour Chocolate Over It...

I started working out with a personal trainer today. I need a new kitchen floor, but the width of my hips and behind told me I need to spend a little less time in the kitchen and a little more being active so I shelled out the money. It's not that I hate working out, quite the opposite, but a new job, bursitis in my hip and my mother's illness have kept me out of the gym more often than is good for me. My appetite didn't change, but because I'm on the nether-side of 40 and more sedentary than ever, my body shape certainly did. When you get out of the shower and run out of the bathroom so that you don't catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror, it's time to do something - so I signed up with a training group that also places a huge emphasis on body work and diet/nutrition. Today was the first session. It seems my posture and alignment are so out of whack that the first set of session will be spent just putting my hips even with each other. THEN we can work on strength training. I may not be able to afford to go on vacation, but I'll look good not traveling.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments: