Thursday, March 12, 2009

It never fails to amaze me....

....When I hear from someone that they read my blog.  I don't get a lot of comments, so in my mind, I have maybe a half a dozen pleasant, faithful souls who humor me and read my ramblings, but once in a while, there are a few things that make you realize you are out there far more than you realize.  For example, I logged into my gmail account the the other day and received a lovely email from my favorite wine merchant - Mr David Moore of Moore Brothers wine shop.  I had mentioned that I stopped into Moore Brothers to pick up some Chinon Cab Franc after visiting my mom in the hospital.  Mr. Moore wrote that he appreciated the reference and that their thoughts were with me.  I would recommend Moore Brothers (and have, many, many times) to anyone who loves and appreciates fine wines - but this small note, makes me appreciate them even more. If you are in the Philadelphia metro area, the Wilmington area or in NYC, go immediately to this wine shop - it is an education, an experience and an all around great place to experience wonderful wines that you may not see every day. 

If that email were not enough, I was chatting with my old boss today who mentioned that my blog was enough to make him want to become a chef - and a Facebook comment also mentioned my blog.  It warms the heart - I appreciate all of this so much.  It's my passion and my joy and I'd write it even if no one read it, but  c'mon folks, comment!

3 comments:

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I'm really enjoying reading your blog. I love the recipes and learning about wine. I have to admit when it comes to wine, I'm clueless so this is a big help. I'm one of those "I like what I like" wine people.

Debie Napoleon said...

That is so cool. Those e-mails make writing a blog more enjoyable.

foolery said...

Hi Margo!

The first time a person I know commented that he read my blog, I gasped out loud. Then my mind raced. What had I written lately that might embarrass me to death? It became part of my muse that moment: "one of my parents' friends might read this, and how will I feel?"

That's especially nice that a business person took the time to read, comment and thank you!

Cheers,

Laurie @ Foolery