Saturday, March 1, 2008

Torture

I had to go to DC Thursday - to Crystal City actually, to meet with our sales director. I took the train from 30th St to Union Station, carried my laptop tote and handbag and was bundled up like Nanook of the North as it was really blustery and cold.  I took the Metro and walked to the office and when the day was through, walked back and reversed the route back to the train.  Wore nice, comfy ballet flats, so no problem, right?

Well, while I'm no stranger to commuting, it was a pain this time - it's about a 15 minute walk to the Metro every bloody escalator was shut down (there are a few sets of stairs involved if you don't want to walk outside.  I realized that my laptop bag was really poorly suited to power walking while climbing the  third set of stairs and man, ballet slippers offer NO support. 

 

By Friday night I was limping - my hip and my back were at war with the rest of me.  When I went into the trainer's this morning - it was obvious that working out was not really possible, so the trainer decided to use acupressure to release my poor aching muscles.  Long story short I was so jacked up, that the least pressure point touched was enough to make me elevate off the table.   The blood was rushing to and from every extremity; when they had me sit up, the muscles in my face were twitching like Humphrey Bogart

Bogie

It's mean when your trainer laughs at you (It's okay - I really didn't mind - really I didn't)

I have one thing to say, I don't care how much it hurts - comfortable shoes are NOT in my future.

No comments: