Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Never First to the Table…..

What are your harmless obsessions?  I have so many, I wonder if it’s possible to count them.  If if it’s something I want on a regular basis, I count it as an obsession.  If I’m the only one that is affected by it, then to me, it’s harmless.  Today, I indulged in a few. I’ve been slaving over a white paper and while I know what I want to say, getting it out has been akin to having teeth pulled without Novocain.   When that is the case, I do indulge.  Now, in the past, the indulgence would have including a chicken wing or 10, but I’m trying not to go down that route.   Today, it’s much more mundane and just a wee bit healthier, but definitely not cooler.  

I was at the epitome of cool when I shut down on television.  Seriously,  I had the toys, but the only TV I watched were old movies – I had TCM, Retroplex and Netflix on speed channel selection and web selection.  Other than perhaps MSNBC or looking for school closings, the only current TV I watched was the Daily Show with the kids.  

Then…my downfall. I spent the the Thanksgiving holiday with my big sister and in the process got HOOKED on NCIS…..a show that I laughed at before. Now – I can’t stay away.   I love this show – watch the reruns and won’t move on a Tuesday night.   I wish I had done this when the thing first came on, so that I could be over it by now.     The only really unhealthy thing that still accompanies this is that I really like a Gimlet while I watch it…..

3 comments:

The Czar Dictates said...

Yeah, I discovered NCIS mid-last year. It is definitely a guilty pleasure. For those unfamiliar with the show it is essentially a cheesy CSI-lite knockoff with more gunplay, two dimensional characters, and horrible dialog. I love it.

The only problem is that I only get to watch reruns in syndication, so the continuity can be confusing at times. I haven't even tried keeping up with the current episodes because I have to compete with two other people for the TV remote...

Jaina said...

NCIS is awesome. It's one that I recently started liking. I don't have cable (didn't see the point in paying for it when the shows I watch I stream online, now watch on DVR at the fiances) I would love it just for HGTV, but then I would waste more time when I actually AM home. Great show though. The fiance and I watch Bones, Vampire Diaries, Dollhouse (though that's over now, boo), Chuck just started up though. I'm currently addicted to House (no pun intended) I bought the fiance Seasons 1-4 for Christmas (all for about the price of one I must add). Great show.

Debie Napoleon said...

I am a Bones fan - that has me and the DH obsessed these days.